Animal studies (roundworm) showed that pomegranate extract contains polyphenols, can help prevent Alzheimer”s disease. Pomegranate extracts seem to have the ability of crossing theBrain Blood Barrier and target ß- amyloid protein (Aß) (cause of Alzheimer”s disease process). However,it”s still very difficult to identify which ingredients in pomegranate extract that work.
Polyphenol is a great phenol structural units, some of the polyphenols are antioxidants, and some researchers believe that polyphenols health benefits, and other scientists do not believe.
New research shows that a key element of the compound is called urolithin, the study is published in Chemical Neuroscience, titled “Pomegranate”s Neuroprotective Effects against Alzheimer”s Disease Are Mediated by Urolithins, Its Ellagitannin-Gut Microbial Derived Metabolites”.
Urolithin is an anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective compound. The researchers believe Identify urolithin can help purify molecules and further studies on animals to observe if the pomegranate polyphenol is really a treatment option for neurodegenerative diseases.
It is worth noting that successful animal studies does not mean that will be successful in humans, it need more clinical trials. (Source: Bio Valley)
Related Industry Knowledge
- What Is Food Traceability ?
- What Is Grape Seed Extract?
- What is Luteolin ?
- Traditional Chinese Medicine recogn...
- What is Gardenia Yellow
- Gardenia Green Food Color
- Monascus Red Food Color
- Paprika Red Food Color
- Marigold yellow Food Color
- Mangiferin-Curing sugar diabetes
- Natural Ginseng Extract Powder Boos...
- Epimedium’s Health Benefits for Women
- Black pepper( Piperine)– Natural We...
- Tongkat ali side effects:restlessness
- Can cranberry extract be applied to...
- What kinds of people is Ginkgo bilo...